Summer's Almost Gone

Summer's Almost Gone

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Activity 4: Google Suite

Google Drive is great because everything can be made available from any device that has access to the internet. Since I began teaching at Chip, I've been keeping all of my files on Drive. It's a great tool for the classroom because you can link projects and guidelines onto a web page and students/parents can access it at anytime. One drawback for me so far has been that I often forget to share the docs after posting and parents end up requesting access (I wish there was a prompt that came up when linking files). Parents also need to get use to this technology because many still email to request forms as opposed to going online and finding it for themselves; one of my goals is to streamline my web page this fall. 

Here is a presentation that I updated to use with Reader's Workshop in the fall.

9 comments:

  1. Yup, we need to get parents up to speed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a way to allow parent access on google drive. That would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the hardest part is getting the parents to learn to use the technology on webpages/Google Classroom, or to get them to let their kids find it as I think most students have a better understanding of where to find assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would agree that balancing access and parents is one of the challenges of the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on all of your comments....WHY CAN'T GOOGLE FIGURE OUT A PARENT PORTAL FOR CLASSROOM!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it seems you are on to something. All your bogs agree that the division between parent awareness of how technology can help between school and home communication is essential. t would save us all much time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it seems you are on to something. All your bogs agree that the division between parent awareness of how technology can help between school and home communication is essential. t would save us all much time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it seems you are on to something. All your bogs agree that the division between parent awareness of how technology can help between school and home communication is essential. t would save us all much time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Justin, a parent portal to Drive would be great!

    ReplyDelete