Summer's Almost Gone

Summer's Almost Gone

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 3: Screencasting

Here's my first attempt at using Snagit, which I've never used before. This video is a great example of why we should rehearse and script our work before turning in a project. This is not related to a lesson, but it is something I would show kids to evaluate and make suggestions for improvement; sometimes are bad examples help improve student work.

I love using screencasts and the idea of flipping lessons (I'm not ready for a flipped classroom), but I was not happy with Snagit. I don't know if I completely missed it, but where is the pause button? I like screencasts that allow me to pause and bring up new pages or images. Without that pause button, I feel that the only thing I would use Snagit for is to explain simple images or to narrate a PowerPoint, which is all my screencast for this assignment it.

10 comments:

  1. You trip sounds amazing! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Informal and interspersed "flipping" is actually better than switching to a total flipped classroom model. Some teachers are having *students* make screencasts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you try Movenote? I had trouble with Snagit too, but found Movenote to be super easy to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movenote would also be better suited for the partially flipped situation you were talking about.

      Delete
    2. I haven't tried Movenote yet, but I just added it on. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Well Done! You have a good narrator voice. Would love to see pictures from you trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share some with you. It was great. Awesome fishing.

      Delete
    2. I'll share some with you. It was great. Awesome fishing.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a beautiful adventure! Considering the comments above, I think I will try Movenote:) Thanks for sharing something non-educational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see I am not the only one who has trouble thinking about teaching in the summer. (Which is clearly seen by how behind I am on all these activities!) I used Snagit, too, but agree with you about the drawbacks. However, I did think it was pretty quick and simple if I don't need any extra features. Hope you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete