Socrative is a good tool for very concrete information and factual assessment. It also allows for the teacher to ask an open-ended question to which the students reply, which can then be saved to email and printed out. I've used to this to assess knowledge of paragraph and complete sentences. I will continue to use Socrative throughout the year; kids like it.
PollEverywhere seems like a fun tool to get quick responses for things and start discussions. I might use it for Do Now!s at the beginning of the period. I usually had kids write Do Now!s in a notebook, but what fun is that?

Great idea for student engagement! Students would love to do the bell ringer using tech :)
ReplyDeleteHi Scott, when I click on your PollEverywhere link it says:
ReplyDelete"As soon as scottvetter924 displays a poll, we'll update this area to give you the voting options."
I like your idea to use socrative to review roots, prefixes, & suffixes!
ReplyDelete