This is my first self-made Google Form. I've used them in the past, but J.J. liked making them, so I always just let him. It seems like a million possibilities exist for using Forms as an assessment tool, which I'm excited to try throughout the year as I get used to having Chromebooks. I especially like the options to shuffle questions and answers as I think this will be a useful tool for retests; it will save a lot of time and make retesting feasible.
Here's my practice branching form:
Final Thoughts: With time, I see Google Forms being incredibly helpful in assessing students and providing feedback. With the direction we are going at Chippewa, I think this could be used as a relearning tool that provides links and practice for each objective and lets kids work at their own pace. The forms are fairly intuitive, but it will take time to make tests this way and create learning opportunities. I see this as something a resource teacher would need to spend time creating for groups.
I agree 100% about the uses for google forms...the branching thing has promise but seems a little daunting. I had no idea that these possibilities existed. It will take a few of us to speak out about this loud and proud to get the rest of the chromebookers on board :)
ReplyDeleteI like the thought about having resource teacher doing some of the fine tuning of formative assessments. Could be a benefit to all with in a PLC. I feel like this course is giving me good ideas for what to ask resouces tchers and ISF for help with.
ReplyDeleteWow, your first google form!!! And one using branching. Now that's the kind of learning curve I'm talkin' 'bout. Bravo.
ReplyDeleteI also like the idea of being able to use forms and have it shuffel answers and questions. I think a lot of these forms could be great for formative assessments. The branching forms are cool and have great potential but take some work.
ReplyDelete